Friday, October 06, 2006

Yes!!


Today I finished the last chapter of WHY MERMAIDS SING. I feel like going out to celebrate, even though the book isn’t “finished” finished, as in I still need to do the final revisions and smoothing out and dotting of “i”s and crossing of “t”s. But when I’m writing a book, I always have this fear that the whole thing is going to suddenly fall apart on me and not work. I don’t know why, because I’ve never had that actually happen to me, but the fear is there, nonetheless. So it’s a wonderful relief to finally plow through to the end and be able to sit back and breathe and say, Yes! I pulled it off!

But apart from that, we've had an offer on my thriller! There are still a few details to be settled, but I now know it’s going to happen.

So yes, I think I will celebrate tonight.