Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

Mother's Day was one of my favorite holidays as a child, because I really, really loved my mother. Depending on where we lived, I'd pick her a bouquet of wildflowers from the meadows or blooms from an abandoned farmhouse or maybe just a bunch of bright yellow dandelions. I'd bake her a cake (although she actually preferred pies, but that always seemed too complicated for me). And we'd either make dinner or my dad would take us out to eat. I still remember many of the gifts I gave her over the years; some of them now grace my own home, bringing a smile to my heart whenever I see them because they remind me of her and all the joy that we shared through the years.

My love of gardening is one of the many gifts my mother gave me. And this lovely rose near my driveway gate came from her. So Happy Mother's Day, Mama; these are for you:


5 comments:

Lynne said...

I inherited my mom's love of gardening, as well, Candy...and her garden. What a nice tribute to your mom. You made me just a little teary eyed:).

paz said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too, Candy! You already spread the good memories around for me with your earlier washer post LOL

cs harris said...

Lynne, sorry! Mother's Day is still hard for me to face, even after four years.

Paz, thank you. And I'll spare you the details of my new leak as I sit here waiting for the plumber...

Susan J. said...

How I envy you your fond memories of your mother. My mother was a nightmare and I prefer not to think about her. Be very grateful.

queen size fitted bed sheets said...

This is one of the most incredible article I've read in a really long time. I hope you update this blog often because I’m anxious to read more about. super king cotton duvet sets , velvet razai price in pakistan