Sunday, November 04, 2007

2007 Louisiana Book Festival

The Louisiana Book Festival in Baton Rouge was this past weekend, and as always, it was a wonderful, enriching experience. Plus, look at that shirt-sleeve weather, in November! Ya gotta love southern Louisiana.

My six-hour workshop on Friday went great. I had a fantastic group of enthusiastic writers, and I can only hope they enjoyed the experience as much as I did. Although I must admit, I have a new appreciation for just how exhausting elementary and high school teachers must find their days! The most I ever had to teach back when I was a university prof was two classes a day, well spread out. Even though we took plenty of breaks, by the end of the day I’m not sure how coherent I was!

Then, on Saturday afternoon, Laura Joh Rowland and I did a panel entitled “Clean Breaks and Balancing Acts.” Basically, we talked about making career changes, and the fine art of juggling two very different series—an interesting comparison of our two experiences. After that came my booksigning, and then it was time to dash across Baton Rouge and pick up my new car! Finally!!!

6 comments:

Steve Malley said...

That is one sweet whip ya got there!

Worth the wait...

Sphinx Ink said...

(Putting on Yat persona): Oh dawlin', dat caw is gaw-jis. I always wanted a red caw!

(Returning to regular persona): Really, I HAVE always wanted a red car. But because I often drive faster than the speed limit, I don't want a car that draws the attention of law enforcement, so I stick with white, middle-aged-lady type cars.

I can envy yours, however.

Charles Gramlich said...

Congrats on getting this monkey off your back. And when do we all get a ride in your new car?

leukothea said...

I am seriously holding my breath until I get my copy from amazon...

Also? Jettas are the best!

RK Sterling said...

Congratulations on all the good news. :)

Beautiful cover and car. :)

Mr Abdullah Ibrahim said...

100% safe with us We Offer all types of Finance loans for immediate respond application
We provide personal loans Business Loans for debt consolidation, bad credit loans, unsecured loans, loans for bad credit and instant secured loans with cheap rates Do you have a firm or company that need loan to start up a business or need, personal loan, Debt consolidation? We will
provide you with loan to meet your needs.
Note: We offer the following loans to individuals-
*Commercial Loans.
*Personal Loans.
*Business Loans.
*Investments Loans.
*Development Loans.
*Acquisition Loans .
*Construction loans.
*Business Loans And many More:
and many more at 2% interest rate. For more information contact us. Email: email: abdullahibrahimlender@gmail.com
whatspp Number +918929490461
Mr Abdullah Ibrahim