Friday, October 08, 2010

Bouchercon 2010



Bouchercon is the annual world mystery convention. This year’s Bouchercon will be held next week in San Francisco --Thursday, Friday and Saturday—at the Hyatt Regency, 5 Embarcadero Center. Attending will be an impressive array of mystery writers, from John Connelly and Martin Cruz Smith to Rhys Bowen and Laurie King.

I’ll be on a panel on Saturday at 3.00 p.m. with Pat Canterbury, John Lutz, Katia Lief, and Matthew Schoonover. The title of our panel is “Alien Country,” and I think it’s about crossing genres.

Immediately after the panel at 4:00 p.m. I’ll be holding a book signing for both my Sebastian mysteries and the contemporary thrillers (The Archangel Project and The Solomon Effect), all of which should be available from booksellers at the event. I’ll also be participating in the Harper Collins book signing to be held Thursday night at 7 p.m. in the Grand Ballroom of the Hyatt, at which time I will have fifty advance readers copies of The Babylonian Codex to give away free on a first come, first serve basis.

You can read more about the conference here (and if their site looks vaguely familiar, it’s because it was done by the same brilliant designer responsible for both of my websites). I attended Bouchercon two years ago at Baltimore and had a wonderful time. If you’re in the area, hope to see you there!

6 comments:

Steve Malley said...

Sounds fun! If I can get the afternoon free, I'll drop by... ;-p

orannia said...

Ah, to have a teleportation device :)

Kathy Kaiser said...

I just read your blog today (Oct. 23) and completely missed what sounds like an amazing event! I don't live far away, and I can't believe I missed my chance to meet you and tell you how much I love the Sebastian novels. Shoot.

cs harris said...

Steve, if you ever get a chance to go to a Bouchercon, grab it!

Orannia, they are fun.

Kathy, Oh, I'm so sorry I missed you. I should have mentioned it weeks ago!

Anonymous said...

Ms. Proctor:
Just wanted to let you know that I love all your books. Also, could you please tell your sister Penelope Williamson that I love her books and so wish that she were still writing historical fiction. So far I've read "Heart of the West", "The Passions of Emma", and "The Outsider" and just loved them all. Please tell me that she'll be writing again soon. Her stories are so very captivating and emotional. Hope that you'll convey my thoughts to her. I wish you and her all the best...

Denise Herron (Hockessin, DE)

yanmaneee said...

yeezy shoes
off white clothing
louboutin shoes
golden goose
kd shoes
yeezy boost
vans outlet
yeezy 700
nmd
balenciaga triple s