Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Back to Writing

Life has been getting in the way of writing a lot lately. First, a huge chunk of my time went to helping my daughter get ready to move (and fixing up her furniture, as discussed in the previous post). Then I went over to San Antonio for a week to help her get settled in. Then, just to complicate things, the day after I came home, I smashed my right hand so badly I could neither type nor hold a pen. Talk about frustrating!


But I've now picked up where I left off with Who Buries the Dead, which will be book # 10 in the Sebastian St. Cyr series for those keeping track. All that time away enabled me to come back and look at the manuscript with fresh eyes, so that I immediately spotted solutions to a few niggling little things that had been bothering me. I wouldn't exactly describe the last few weeks as a vacation, but it has certainly been a break, and I hope that will prove to be a good thing.


While we were gone, one of my climbing roses invaded the screened in second-floor gallery where our two cats with "elimination issues" (fondly known as the P Cats) live. I plan to cut it off even though they're not toxic to cats, but in the meantime, Whiskies has really been enjoying it!

8 comments:

lmhess said...

I'm a "newbie" to your St. Cyr series and have literally plowed through the books in the last 2 months - Loved them!! So take care of that hand and hurry up with that new book! I can hardly wait until I can have another Sabastion/Hero fix.

Charles Gramlich said...

Sorry to hear about your hand. Hope you are healed up from that.

Anonymous said...

c-i am actually re-reading what darkness brings at the moment. at the same time mulling over what could happen next.... i'm thinking since your hands are so valuable maybe you should have them insured - like a boxer or a surgeon?;) hope you are feeling better and that writing continues to go well. PS - great picture of Whiskies.
ali

cs harris said...

Thanks, Imhess!

Charles, it's still bad, but at least I can now hold a pen if I don't do it for too long.

Ali, ha! Wasn't there some famous 40s era pin-up girl who insured her legs?

Anonymous said...

c- yes ma'am. it was betty grable. Grable's legs were famously insured by her studio for $1,000,000 with Lloyds of London. and with inflation - you could do better!
ali

Anonymous said...

c- by the way i was on amazon 2 mins ago and Why Kings Confess is available for pre-order on kindle. and they show the cover! i assume thats the same as the book?? looks cool!
ali

cs harris said...

Ali, yes, that's who is was. And I can't believe the cover is up on Amazon! Why didn't my publisher tell me! That is indeed it. I suspect some readers won't like it since it shows the man's face, but I really like it (if only you could see the first version!). I find it dynamic and energetic and, well, sexy.

Essex said...

Beautiful cat! Look at those eyes. That is a great photo