Friday, June 08, 2012

Progress Report



Yes, I'm still alive. Just about the time I thought I was well enough to start blogging again, I had a serious set back. But, hopefully, this is it. I'm getting really, really tired of doctors.

As for what's been going on (other than a rather tiresome struggle to stay alive), I have managed for the most part to keep chugging away at book number nine in the Sebastian series. In fact, thanks to so many days of enforced rest, I'm actually ahead of where I'd hoped to be at this point. I suppose it's one of the advantages of being in the habit of writing by hand on legal pads.

We also have a pretty amazing new cover for What Darkness Brings, although thanks to the peculiarities of the publishing industry and a bunch of legalities, I can't show it to you yet. But I can give you a hint: Picture a medieval tower, some spooky bare tree limbs, and Sebastian looking up. It's quite a departure from the previous covers, and I'm anxious to hear what you think.

While I was down and almost out, Blogger fiddled with all their settings, with the result that I'm not sure what this is going to look like when I hit "Publish." So if it looks weird, you'll know why!

The photo was taken by my daughter, Danielle, with the new Canon Rebel we gave her for her birthday this week.

20 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been away doing other things and didn't realize you were unwell. Hope you are well on your way to recovery.
lx

Charles Gramlich said...

Lovely pic. We've got a lot of cardinals in our yard as well. I'm glad you are feeling better. Lana too is mending somewhat, although we remain locked in the round of seeing doctors almost every day to be poked and prodded. It is exhausting.

Anonymous said...

Candy: Bless your heart & prayers
to you! I have struggled with the
vertigo/dizzy and my wife is now
battling Lymes Disease. So many
sick lately! Please get well my
friend ~ you're blogging is missed!
Larry Taylor/Oklahoma

RevMelinda said...

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, Candy. Hang in there!

RevMelinda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Judith Starkston said...

Glad to hear you're on the mend. Pretty impressive you've been able to keep up your writing through it all. New cover sounds enticing.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh. It is so good to hear you are alive and well. It has been so long; was really, really worried. It sounds just awful. On the positive side for us fans is you kept on writing. Just amazing. Take care of yourself. Sabena

Essex said...

I am very relieved that you are feeling better. Your long silence seemed uncharacteristic, and knowing that you had been unwell before, I was concerned. Glad to hear that you are on the mend.

cs harris said...

Liz, thanks!

Charles, I've noticed we have a lot more cardinals up at our lake house; very rare down here. Lana is always in my thoughts; so glad to hear she is improving.

Larry, thank you. Being healthy was something I once took for granted; no longer!

Rev. Melinda, thank you.

cs harris said...

Judith, Thank you. I must admit that the first eighty pages or so were in desperate need of revision!

Sabena, thank you.

Essex, thank you.

Anonymous said...

as anxious as i may be for a new sebastian/hero tale of adventure they would be nowhere without you.

get well soon!!

ali

Firefly said...

Glad to know you are on the mend Candy.

Anonymous said...

I am really enjoying your books which I discovered purely by chance at the library. I decided to give them a try and I am loving them. Thank you.

Mariel said...

Coming here at Larry's suggestion. What a lovely treat, the flash mob and the cardinal and the thoughts about Huck Finn. I will look for your books. Mariel/New Mexico

ahmed said...


شركة نقل عفش من الرياض الى بريدة

شركة نقل عفش من الرياض الى حائل

شركة نقل عفش من الرياض الى القصيم

شركة نقل عفش من الرياض الى ابها

Anonymous said...

I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article.
Product discount master app, Discount master by autoketing, autoketing

Anonymous said...

You have done a great job. I will definitely dig it and personally recommend to my friends. I am confident they will be benefited from this sit
friv10games club free games, juegos kizi-2018, gogy xyz 2 player

io games said...

Your posts are my cup of tea. I'm interested in your articles. I always read them everyday and wait for incoming ones. It's because your posts are interesting.
Soccer Physics juex free || adventure drivers online juegos || Truck Simulator click here

Anonymous said...

That could be at the same time the best send in that in reality preferred examining. It's actually not every single day that many of us support the chance to figure out the very first thing.
mr dubstep games , freemoto x3m 4 winter , freesanta claus jump ,

LINH NGUYEN said...

This survey can be done in online mode in which the company directly asks the questions regarding with their experience. The customer should participate in this survey and should answer genuinely.
2player games for kids
play free friv Games
io jogos net