Tuesday, August 04, 2009

7+5=12

One of my daughters went up to a national park in Arkansas for a quick break before school starts, and called me on the way home to say, “There was this sweet little orange cat that someone had dumped in the park. The rangers said all the area shelters are full, and she was so skinny she’d have died if I hadn’t taken her. You aren’t mad, are you?”



“No. I understand.”

“Well, the thing is, you see, she was skinny everywhere except her belly.”

Deep breath. “You mean she’s going to have kittens?”

“Um… She kinda had them. In the backseat of the car when we were on the Interstate.”

So this family that already had waaaay too many cats now has five more.



She is an unbelievable little sweetheart. Mom and kids are doing great. The vet says that even though she is pathetically skinny she is healthy, and she ought to be able to feed them.



Know anyone who wants a kitten?

7 comments:

Lainey said...

Good on your daughter!

How is it that kittens are always so darned cute??

Steve Malley said...

Glad to see you raised that girl up right. I figure the hardest part about finding those cuties good homes will be resisting the urge to keep 'em for yourself...

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to drift a moment in a haze of cute...

orannia said...

Ohhhh. That's so lovely. All the best with finding homes for the kittens!

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to drift a moment in a haze of cute...

Beautifully put Steve :)

Charles Gramlich said...

Oh Geeze. get thee behind me. I can't afford a kitten. But they are sure cute.

Sphinx Ink said...

All of them marmalade sweeties, too. I must come visit you to see them, but I can't take one--my pet population already exceeds the legal limit. Awww, but they're so cute...must...resist...temptation!

Sphinx Ink said...

P.S. As Steve Malley said, you raised your daughter right!

cs harris said...

Lainey, I am proud of her. It was a lot to take on!

Steve, I'm already worrying about that...

Orannia, thank goodness there are only four of them.

Charles, they are cute!

Sphinzy, marmalade cats are my favorites. Unfortunately, I have this big black beastie who hates all cats, no matter what color they are. Do come see them--although at the moment they're at Sam's.