Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Just for Laughs

I don’t know about you, but I feel in need of a laugh at the moment. So my thanks to Dave Carroll, who got his own back at United Airlines (I have really, really hated United Airlines ever since my 10-month-old baby almost died on one of their flights, but this is about laughter so we won’t go into that). Anyway, here's Carroll's saga in his own words:

"In the spring of 2008, Sons of Maxwell were traveling to Nebraska for a one-week tour and my Taylor guitar was witnessed being thrown by United Airlines baggage handlers in Chicago. I discovered later that the $3500 guitar was severely damaged. They didn't deny the experience occurred but for nine months the various people I communicated with put the responsibility for dealing with the damage on everyone other than themselves and finally said they would do nothing to compensate me for my loss. So I promised the last person to finally say "no" to compensation (Ms. Irlweg) that I would write and produce three songs about my experience with United Airlines and make videos for each to be viewed online by anyone in the world."

Without further ado, here’s Dave’s revenge:



Go, Dave!

9 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Lol. That's a pretty good song as well. Catchy.

Steve Malley said...

You were right-- I needed a laugh this morning, and that song was just right!

Thanks!!

orannia said...

When will the big companies get it into their heads that 'customer service' IS important!

And I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with UA Candy. That's horrendous!

cs harris said...

Charles, it's still rattling around in my head!

Steve, glad it helped.

Orannia, My baby just turned 20, so all turned out well in the end. But it does make me wish for a good singing voice and a talent for penning great lyrics so that I could take MY revenge against various companies via the Internet. Top on my list right now would be Dow, whose upwind chemical spill has made me sick all week.

Barbara Martin said...

This was a well done song, with catchy lyrics.

Anonymous said...

Looks like it only took 1 song! You should listen to their other stuff, they really good.

cs harris said...

My daughter actually bought his entire album from iTunes. He's created a new model for success: make creative fun of a company that has pissed off millions over the years!

Huyen said...

One thing I want to talk to you is thank you. Your posts help me open my mind. I find them very interesting. They ease me in the hard time. Thanks for sharing your articles.
autoketing
recent sales notification popup
sale notification website

Huyen said...

One thing I want to talk to you is thank you. Your posts help me open my mind. I find them very interesting. They ease me in the hard time. Thanks for sharing your articles.
rise up up games
snail bob 7 fantasy story free
red ball 5 online