Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Cover of The Solomon Effect Makes Its Debut

The cover of the next C. S. Graham thriller, The Solomon Effect, has now been authorized for official release, so here (drum roll) it is…



This is the book that was once named The Deadlight Connection. The editors and marketing department both liked the original title, and it was used for the “teaser chapters” at the back of The Archangel Project. But when it came time to cover conference the book, the art department “couldn’t get their heads around” the original title. It’s the first instance I know of a book retitled in this way. But after months of going back and forth, I finally came up with a new title that everyone liked. All it took was a couple of little rewrites and it, ahem, even fit the book.

I’ve reached the point that I actually like the new title better than the original. What do you think of the cover? I think it's striking, but you can be honest--I’m not the one who designed it!

11 comments:

Steve Malley said...

Even if I didn't know you, I'd want to know more about this book. I really like that cover. Long as you can get some face-out, you'll be sweet!

(My only nit to pick: it's so cold. Snowy, like. If I weren't shivering on a frosty winter's morning, that wouldn't be so bad, but right about now I want to read about tropical islands!)

cs harris said...

LOL, Steve; I never thought about that! Actually, about half the book takes place in the heat in Turkey, Lebanon, and Israel. But another big chunk is in Russia, with a pivotal scene in the season's first snowfall, and that's what they jumped on.

laughingwolf said...

grats on the super cover, it evokes all kinds of mysteries, thrills and chills [no pun intended]!

i agree, the new name is even better... solomon, as in the king?

what is the pub date, candy?

cs harris said...

Oh, I'm glad to hear you like it, too, laughingwolf; I learned a long time ago that I can never go by my own reaction to my covers. Yes, it is Solomon as in the king. It's an October book, which means either the first Tuesday in October or the end of September--they haven't given me the exact date.

laughingwolf said...

cool, my birthday's 1st tuesday in october... good time for a book launch ;) lol

Unknown said...

Love the cover and very evocative
lx

Charles Gramlich said...

I like the cover. It looks almost dreamlike. Kind of seems like a fantasy cover in some way.

cs harris said...

Liz, it's encouraging to hear you like it.

Charles, that hadn't occurred to me, but it is a bit dreamlike.

Barbara Martin said...

I love the cover with its two faceted ideas: the snowy street and the warm effect of the middle eastern towers. I'm looking forward to the release of this book.

cs harris said...

Barbara, good to hear you like it, too. So far everyone's reaction has been very positive.

Megangpfq said...

industry including noted restaurants and hotels, well-known spirits BUILDING A SOLID HOME LIFE All of this is ok because there is only one thing that counts from here and this is that you have to keep doing it.The Inspirational Team Leader - Step 6: Adding ValueUse the triad of added value to successfully complete projects that will have a huge impact on your organisation and your career as Inspirational Team Leader. Other Economic Factors that Affect Unemployment