Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Serenity



It’s been a hectic month. The LA Bookfestival, Bouchercon, out-of-town guests, newspaper, TV, and radio interviews, booksignings, and a three-week bout of the flu I’m just beginning to recover from. But this past weekend, Steve and I grabbed the chance to go up to the lake and just sit on the porch and soak in the beauty of changing leaves reflected in still water.

It was our first visit to the lake since Hurricane Gustav two months ago. When we left, the power was still off and we abandoned huge piles of broken limbs, so we’ve been anxious to get back up there and make sure everything was all right. It was, but unfortunately we couldn’t stay as long as we’d have liked, since we had a TV appearance scheduled for first thing Monday morning.

And, as if life weren’t hectic enough, Where Serpents Sleep is released today. Somehow, given the election-day timing, I doubt too many people will be rushing out to buy it! I don’t know about you, but I am soooo glad this election is almost over. I’ve been finding it very hard to concentrate this past week. And I have Book Number Five in the series due so soon I can’t breathe when I think about it. I need to go back to the lake…

10 comments:

Steve Malley said...

I think the key is to concentrate on one thing, and one thing only, at any given time. Which is probably why you do so much when you take your pen and pad to the lake.

Ah, what am I talking about? You'll be fine!

Back to shifting boxes around...

Farrah Rochon said...

That's a beautiful site. Just wanted to congratulate you and Steve on the great interview on WWL-TV yesterday morning. I took a quick trip to Louisiana, so I was able to see it (though I'm sure it can still be seen online, right?)

Best of luck with the newest St. Cyr book!

Barbara Martin said...

Beautiful place with the autumn colours.

Steve is correct on focusing on one thing at a time.

As for 'Where Serpents Sleep' I can barely wait to get into my copy.

cs harris said...

Steve, I really wish I could get up to the lake to write. It's become a lot harder now that my mom lives with me.

Farrah, Thank you! I'm not sure it is on line; I'll have to look.

Barbara, Hope you enjoy it!

Charles Gramlich said...

Congrats on the books hitting the shelves. And I'm glad the TV thing went well. I'm glad the election is over myself.

squiresj said...

Congratulations on your new release. I am definitely glad this election is over. I never got so tired of telephone calls - it was as bad as Collection Agencies and telemarketers. I think they need to limit the calls.
I found your book on Prime Crime Berkley where I get a newsletter. I signed up for yours. God Bless.

cs harris said...

Thanks Charles, squiresj. I wish they would outlaw all political ads, polls, telemarketing calls, etc. Of course, that requires enforcement. I'm supposed to be on the no-call list and I still get a call about once a day from some outfit determined to sell me an extended warranty on my new VW. It drives me to scream obscene things at the air.

Diane said...

Dear C.S. Harris,
I have just finished your St. Cyr's series including "Why Mermaids Sing," and I am heartbroken for your hero. Please tell me if there will be a happy ending somewhere along the line for Sebastian. How many books do you plan to write for the series? I don't know if this is a proper format for these questions or not, but please answere them anyway.
Thank you.

cs harris said...

Diane, I have many books planned for the series. And as a former romance writer, I do believe in happy endings. Both Kat and Sebastian will find happiness. But that's not to say that their happy endings will necessarily be together!

Anonymous said...

You've invested the reader in Kat and Sebastian's relationship over several books, so I hope they do find their way back to each other. People read romances hoping to see true love, and Kat and Sebastian loved each other for years. To have them find other loves would be be sad. While Hero is okay, I just don't like her with Sebastian.